Plan Your Trip
Tour to Jalna
Holiday Tour
Guru Ganesh Bhavan, JalnaMoti Baag, JalnaAnandi Swami Temple, JalnaJamb Samartha, Ghansawangi, JalnaShree Ganesh, Rajur, JalnaMoti Talab, JalnaMamma Devi Temple, Jalna

Welcome to Jalna,

Jalna is a district in the Indian state of Maharashtra. The district is known for Jamb Samarth village, the birthplace of Samarth Ramdas Swami. The Battle of Assaye was fought in September 23,1803 near the village of Assaye located near Jafrabad in this district.

Pilgrimage tourism in Jalna district involves visiting the various temples situated here. A number of these temples are ancient constructs, such as the 300 year old Shree Jagdamba Devi at Matha, the 250-year old Anandi Swami Temple. The temples are visited by a number of devotees from near and far, and they are dedicated to a number of different Gods and Goddesses. Most of these places of pilgrimage tourism also hold fairs annually or more than once in a year and these fairs are visited by a number of devotees. Apart from the many temples, there is also a place of Muslim worship, namely the Kali masjid, found located in Jalna district.

Holiday Tour
Famous Places in Jalna
Anandi Swami Temple

This temple is 250 years old and was built by Maratha warrior Mahadji Shinde, on the place where Shri Sant Anand Swami gone under 'Samadhi' in Old Jalna. On each Ashadhi Ekadashi a largly attended fair takes place.

Dargah of Jan Alla Shah

Jan Alla Shahs darga at Jalna was erected in A.D. 1681, and consists of a room 20 feet square, covered with a bulbous dome. There is only one door, with a portico in front supported on four wooden posts. A projecting cornice runs round the top of the side walls, and rests on small blocks or drops, beneath which are a series of little arched recesses.

he four corners are built up in an hexagonal form, and rise into minarets, carrying four little towers, each surmounted with a bulbous dome and spire. The verandah posts are neatly carved, and have wooden brackets which meet one another, and form elegant scalloped openings under the architrave. A stone wall surrounds the darga; the gateway has an arched opening adorned with minarets; and a similar arched entrance with minarets is on the opposite side. A second stone wall runs along the bank of the Kundalika, which is faced with masonry down to the bed of the river. This and the inner wall are relieved by minarets rising at intervals, and are further ornamented with arched recesses, some of which are filled with perforated masonry work.

Dargah of Nur Shah Wali

Nur Shah Wali's darga at Jalna has a dome of the usual Indo-Saracenic style. The faces of the walls on the outside are divided into two storeys by a plain horizontal band; and each storey is again sub-divided vertically into three compartments, by pilasters which rise above the projecting cornice, and form small minarets.

The compartments of the lower storey on three sides, contain recesses covered by scalloped arches; while the upper storey has small windows corresponding to them. The door of the darga is on the fourth side, and has a verandah in front, supported on four wooden pillars, moulded at top and bottom. The corners carry minarets which are higher than the intermediate ones; and an ornamental railing is between them.

Dargah of Zacha and Bacha

The darga of Zacha and Bacha at Jalna bears a strong resemblance to the tombs of the Pathan kings at old Delhi. [According to a legend at Jalna, a female was pursued by a mad elephant, and finding no shelter all round, prayed to be buried in the earth. Her prayer was answered, and this tomb was built over the spot to commemorate the event.] It consists of a square apartment, surrounded by a narrow verandah.

Each face has three pointed arches supported on square columns; and a projecting string course above is succeeded by seven little rectangular recesses surmounted by pointed arches. A neat cornice comes next, and a parapet wall runs all round. A second parapet wall runs at a higher level, round the face walls of the main building; and an octagonal tower covered with a small horse-shoe dome, is at each angle. The principal dome is ornamented with lotus leaves and the summit is crowned with a drum. The face walls of the main building have windows at the sides, filled in with perforated stonework.

Guru Ganesh Bhavan

Guru Ganesh Bhavan is an important holy site for the followers of Jainism. Guru Ganesh is also known as Karnatak Kesari. The temple is being maintained by a trust. The trust also runs institutions such as schools, library, school for the blind and even a Gaushala. The Guashala is the largest one in the whole Marathwada region.


An adjoining hamam or bath is interesting on account of the arched roof that covers it; and a large sarai to the west of the masjid had an imposing entrance, but the upper portion has fallen down.

Jalicha Dev(Shri Chakradhar swami) Jaidevwadi

'Jalicha Dev' is the most important holy place for the Mahanubhav Panth people. It is belived that Shri Chakradhar Swami resided here for some time. It is in the Bhokardan Tahsil on north side.

This temple is 250 years old and was built by Maratha warrior Mahadji Shinde, on the place where Shri Sant Anand Swami gone under 'Samadhi' in Old Jalna. On each Ashadhi Ekadashi a largly attended fair takes place.

Jalna Fort

Nizam ul Mulk Asaf Jah favoured the town as being healthier than Aurangabad and it was he who ordered Kabil Khan in 1725 to build the fort together with citadel situated to the east of the town and which is today known as Mastgad. The citadel is being used to accommodate the municipal offices. The fort is quadrangular in shape,with semi circular bastions at the corners.

It is reported that the inner and the outer gates were constructed by Asaf Jah himself in 1711 and 1723, respectively. The citadel bears of Persian inscription recording the date when it was constructed. Within the citadel is a large well containing a series of galleries and chambers.

Jamb Samartha, Ghansawangi

Jamb Samarth, the place where the Sant Ramdas swami born. This place is in Ghansavangi tahsil of Jalna district. The Samartha Ramdas was born on Chaitra Shukla Navami Shake 1530 (as per hindu Calender) at 12 P.M., exactly on the time of Ram Janma (Lord Rama's birth) as the younger son of Suryajipant Thosar Kulkarni and Ranubai. His actual name was 'Narayan'.

The Elder brother of Sant Ramdas swami was Gangadhar but he is known as 'Shreshtha' or 'Rami Ramdas'. He was born on Margashirsha Vadhya Trayodashi Shake 1527. A largely attended annual fair helds at the Ram temple On Ram Navami. This Ram temple is situated in Sant Ramdas swami's home.

The Samrtha temple is built in the meory of Sant Ramdas swami. This temple is managed bya trust which was registered in 1943 by Nanasaheb Dev. The trust comprises 55 members and 11 trusties. Now this trust has its onw land of 240 Hector. The facility of lodging bording is available by trust. This building is built in the donation received by Mother queen Holkar of Indore in the memory of Shri Devi Ahilyabai Holkar.

Jumma Masjid

The Jumma masjid at Jalna built by Jamshed Khan in A.D. 1557, is rectangular in form, closed on three sides and arcaded in front, and has a corresponding verandah, with a sloping terraced roof resting on three pointed arches. The coiners of the roof of the main structure carry little fluted domes; and the masjid contains some perforated stone-work.

The principal dome is ornamented at the base and top with lotus leaves, and has the elegant form and slender spire of the Moghal style. A cistern is inside a paved court-yard; and the surrounding wall has a platform all round, with pointed arched recesses on the outside.

Kali Masjid

There is old mosque situated at the Court Road, old Jalna named as Kali Masjid, where muslim community people take regural prayers and EID Namaj is also arranged over there. The said mosque is nearabout 400 years old and built in Black stone by the holy saint named as Jamshed Khan.

Mamma Devi Temple

This temple is of 'Mamam ' Devi and at Mastgad, Old Jalna. The daily Kirtan, Bhajan and other holy rituals are getting executed daily. Many people come for Darshan, sepcialy in Navratra.

Matsyodari Devi Temple, Ambad

The Matsyodari devi Temple of Ambad situated in south 21 km. away from Jalna city. Matsyodari, so called because the temple is on the hill which resembles the shape of a fish (matsya). It is believed to be one of the oldest temples in the region. A largely attended annual fair is held at the temple in October, in Navratra.

Moti Baag

The Sambhaji Udyan of Nagar Parishad popular by 'Moti Bag' is one of the attaction of the Jalna city. It is having a Beautiful Garden with green grass and colourful flowers, Play articles and Mini Train for the Childrens, a Beautiful Beach on the of Moti Talav and the Colourful Music Karanje are the main attactions of the garden.

Moti Talab

Jamshed Khan, built the ?Kali" masjid, inside the Mecca gate, together with the ?hammam" or bath, and the ?sarai". He also constructed the Moti Talab, a large tank to the west of the town. A system of underground pipes conveyed water to reservoirs, in the town. The largest of which is in quadrangle of the sarai. The system is no longer in working order.

When the city was at the height of its prosperity it had five tanks. A garden was also constructed on the banks of the talab known as Moti Bagh. Jalna was also surrounded by a mud and brick wall but it is all in ruins except two gates, known as the Murti Darwaza and the Hyderabad gate.


The sarai stands on moulded stone pillars, and the roof has a pavilion at each corner. A large cistern is in front; and the courtyard, which measures 62 yards by 48 yards, is enclosed by a wall which has arched recesses all round for travellers. The masjid and accompanying works are of stone in lime. A Mahomedan kachari close by is also said to have been built by Jamshed Khan.

Shree Ganesh, Rajur

The GANESH temple of Rajur is situated in north 25 k.m. away from JALNA city. On every Chathurthi lots of pilgrims comes to pray the deity. A largely attended fair is held at the temple on Angarika Chaturthi.

The Rajur is considered as one of the complete PITH of Lord Ganesh in Ganesh Puran. Other PITH are at Morgaon, Chinchwad (Pune). The remaining HALF PITH is Padmalaya. The temple is under the renovation and it is in completion stage.

Shree Jagdamba Devi

The Shri Jagdamba temple of Matha is situated in 2 kms to the north of Matha city on a hill spot. It is a 300 year old. Many people visit the temple for a darshan, especially on Tuesday. Annual fairs are held ad Navratra and Chaitra Purnima which is attended by a large number of people.

Other Places
  • Dawa Bazar, Ghanewadi Talab, Jindal Supermarket, Lal Bagh, Bilal Masjid, Iron Bridge, Jalna National Park etc.

  • Goa Tour
    Planning For Vacations
    Tell Our Expert Your Travel Plan
    Get FREE Travel Options
    Enjoy Your Vacations
    Arrow Get Best Deals!